Saturday, June 15, 2013

Hawaiian-Themed 40th Birthday Party

One of my friends turned 40 this year, and she decided to host the birthday bash at her house. Her husband helped arrange the personal chef and took care of her throughout the evening. I can't believe the amount of food (and alcohol) on hand!! O___o I was down for the count around midnight. I can't remember everything that was on the menu but rest assured: everything tasted great. There was good music and plenty of chit-chat. I went even though I only knew the birthday girl, which was daunting but I did it. It's rare that we see each other - in fact, it's becoming an annual habit, haha. 

Real coconut with real coconut juice

Fruit platter - so fresh!

Tuna poke, I think

Slider

Fried jumbo shrimp

Papaya salad

I
Sadly, I can't remember the type of fish this was. :o(

Whole pig

This was a pineapple-y sauce for the pig.


Beef ribs?




Charred pineapple with vanilla ice cream

Pineapple rum cupcakes

Contents of parting gift - It's a Haitian cake of some sort. My memory fails me on the name but it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment