Friday, June 7, 2013

Fernbank Museum Martinis and IMAX - GSU Alumni Night

Every so often, I can actually make it to an alumni event. :oD This one was during one of Fernbank's Martinis & IMAX evenings, which I've been to before. There was a designated room for GSU Alumni with heavy hors d'oeuvres. Should you desire a drink, there are two cash bars in the main dining area.

The turnout was okay. There was a mix of older and younger alumni... I suppose I'm somewhere in the middle, haha. It was nice meeting a few alums and hearing about their GSU experiences. A couple of them had recently finished the PMBA programm, which is quite different from the Flex MBA program I did. PMBA = Professional MBA. I won't go into details here; needless to say, if you're curious, you can peruse the GSU website.

The movie was about the coral reef and followed a married scuba diving couple who were asked to consult about the coral reef population in and around various islands in the Pacific. It was pretty neat; climate change was one reason for the dying population. A minute change in water temperature has an extraordinary effect on sea life. Obviously, I could not take pictures of the IMAX movie. ;oP If you haven't had a chance to check out Martinis & IMAX, do so! Dinner, movie, free parking - it makes for a great date night or group outing.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment