Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Dinner

I had to take a pic of my sister in the kitchen because this NEVER happens. She doesn't cook! 
FYI: Her boyfriend was cooking the meal.


Lobster

Chicken pot pie

Store-bought cake

Lavender

Family dinners tend to be put together/organized at the last minute, so when my sister and I found out our mom (my step-mom) wanted to have dinner at home instead of eating out for Mother's Day, we had to scramble to get the ingredients that day. -__-" Always a pleasure. In lieu of making something new, I opted to make something I've made before: chicken pot pie. I've made it a few times in the past because it's a good "all-in-one" meal to make; even with leftovers, you can just grab a slice and go. My sister was thoughtful enough to get flowers and cake, too. Funnily enough, my step-mom contributed the lobster. I guess she had a seafood craving! Very random assortment of dishes for a dinner much less a Mother's Day dinner, I know. That's how we roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment