Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mirko Pasta

 Pinto beans in olive oil and rosemary with rolls - I can't remember whether this was provided for us or we ordered it but there were definitely one too many appetizers once the calamari was on the table. O_o
 
 Fried Calamari and Zucchini - Fried squid and zucchini with lemon and spicy tomato sauce

Tagliatelle Crab Signature Dish - Homemade tagliatelle with crab, sun-dried tomato, green peas in a spicy brandy and cream sauce 

I met up with a couple of friends at Mirko Pasta for dinner, and I was really impressed with the service! The waiter comes by with a plate of various noodle types that they make and from which you can choose to eat. It was a nice display, and the waiter knew his stuff. You can mix and match pastas and sauces, which was both appealing and daunting at the same time. (This situation always reminds me of a news article I read one time explaining how grocery stores offer a limited number of brands/choices. If you offer a multitude of choices, the customer freezes and can't decide. If, however, you offer three options, then it's easier for a customer to decide what (s)he wants.) Or perhaps that was from a business class. Whatever the source, I was confronted with multiple options.

In lieu of having to make my brain work on pasta/sauce combinations, I chose the tagliatelle crab signature dish. Mm hmm, I was mesmerized by the crab AND the dish sounded similar to a pasta dish I had had in Australia a couple of years ago. I was not disappointed! The sauce was really creamy (yay, creamy sauces!) and there was a fair amount of actual crab in the dish (two thumbs up). My only regret was that I could not eat any more dishes that night, haha. After two appetizers and an entree, I was STUFFED. Roll me out the door, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment