Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins





There were ripe bananas in the house, and I wanted to make something other than banana nut bread (because I tend to lean on that recipe a lot). I decided to mix it up just a little bit and throw in chocolate chips. I found a recipe online with the requisite ingredients, but clearly the muffins didn't turn out well. This is in part because I used a small convection oven that doesn't disperse heat evenly. Then why did I use that oven? Because I've been getting complaints about using the regular oven for just one pan of a baked good. Yeah... I'm going to use the regular oven from now on. I don't care how much energy it uses or how much hassle it takes to clear out the oven before using it. I really don't like wasting time and effort on something that ultimately doesn't get eaten. Triple boo. Ultimately, the tops were burnt and the insides weren't cooked enough. :o(

Ingredients:

1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tblspn granulated sugar

Directions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease bottoms of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup. (I tend to spray paper baking cups.)

2. In large bowl, beat bananas, brown sugar, milk, oil, and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt just until flour is moistened. Fold miniature chocolate chips into the batter.

3. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups; sprinkle each with 1/2 tsp sugar. (I neglected to read this part!) Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan.

Makes 12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment