Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chattanooga - Day 2

My friend and I rounded out the two-day trip by hiking! Fortunately, we hiked at Point Park, a national park (minimal parking fee = free admission) and went on a 3-mile trail that was covered with shade. Yay! It was nice... except for the couple of times where we didn't know exactly which path to take when the trail split. O_o After Point Park, we went to Signal Point to get another view. By that time, we were hungry so we found a nearby restaurant: Sluggo's. It had received a lot of positive reviews on Yelp, so we gave it a go. It took a while for the food to get to us but it was pretty good overall. We left for Atlanta from the restaurant and beat the afternoon rush hour. Yaaaay! I'm glad we had such nice weather while we were in Chattanooga. I'm also glad I went because I really wanted to get out of town for a bit! ^_^ The travel itch will strike again soon, I'm sure.

Breakfast at The Crash Pad

Point Park - Alternative to more touristy attractions such as Ruby Falls







Basically, one of the few legitimate signs we saw on the trail.



Signal Point - Not so much a hike as a leisurely walk to a viewing area.

 
Sluggo's - Vegetarian restaurant! It was close to Signal Point and on our way back to Atlanta.


So... I definitely ordered a wrap, but I don't remember what was in it. Hmm...The mashed potato side was pretty good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment