Sunday, May 19, 2013

Atlanta Streets Alive

Atlanta Streets Alive shut down a few miles of Peachtree Street inside the city so that people could walk the streets and enjoy various food and game activities. I wasn't going to go originally because it had been raining sporadically that day (the same day as the Walk for Autism, mind you), but I stayed in the area anyway. Fortunately, I have a friend who lives in Midtown so I decided to pay her a visit since I was ITP (inside the perimeter). The weather turned in our favor, so we stepped outside and went for a walk. I think we walked about 5-6 miles up and down Peachtree, from 17th to GSU. It was nice! There were a couple of people who had quizzical looks on their faces, wondering what the heck was going on. I felt so special when I explained the event, haha.

I stopped by Honey Bubble after Manuel's Tavern and before going to my friend's place. The Scoutmob deal did not apply when I was there - only applicable during the week, I believe. I'm starting to hate the restrictions I keep seeing on this app. I understand it from the business' point of view but if it doesn't benefit me, then I don't want even want to bother going to your place of business. That sounds bad, doesn't it? Oh well.  

I had heard about this place from my cousin, so I wanted to see it for myself. I stopped by here to pick up bubble tea for myself and my friend.



Cafe Intermezzo cheesecake sampling


Hahaha... a children's maze.


Free Moe's frisbee

Artist displaying his work at the corner of Peachtree and 15th

Huge dog!


In the upper right-hand balcony, there was a huge speaker blasting classical music. It was glorious.





This was room temperature; I suspect it tastes significantly better when chilled.

REI wall climb. I got a free water bottle from this tent - yay. 

The dining sets were offered up by Ikea. 

It sprinkled here and there towards the end of our walk. 


No comments:

Post a Comment