Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Colonnade


 



 
Mac and cheese 

White gravy 


Squash souffle 

 

I'd heard of The Colonnade for a long time, definitely for at least a handful of years now. It's considered an Atlanta staple. Recently, there was a Zagat survey that listed the restaurant as one of the "Most Iconic Restaurants in 15 U.S." Good timing, Zagat! I was planning a lunch outing with friends that same weekend! ;oD Now I'm going to look like an expert. Mwa ha ha...

I knew about their "Early Bird" menu so I specifically set up a lunch date for a Saturday afternoon. I also knew this establishment was located off of Cheshire Bridge Rd, which contains an odd mix of strip joints and senior citizen housing. Who knew, right? Anyway, the majority of my friends ordered bone-in chicken. I opted for the boneless kind because I didn't want to get my hands dirty. -__-" Perhaps next time, bone.

The food was really good and, looking back on it, quite greasy! I got the chicken fried chicken with a side of mac and cheese and squash souffle. The meal also comes with an assortment of breads (I ate a mini-muffin-sized cornbread), your choice of drink (I got sweet tea), and dessert (apple crumb pie was the only option). Awesome deal for $12! And it was great to catch up with friends I hadn't seen in a while, to boot. Sounds like a win-win to me. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment