Saturday, April 27, 2013

Baby's 1st Birthday Party

I was invited to a friend's daughter's 1st birthday party. A few things to note here: This was the first 1st birthday party I've attended (barring those of my siblings). I did not know what to expect or what to bring as a present. I actually ran late because my GPS took me in a different direction (thanks, GPS!). 

I was surprised to find a spread of edible goodies available in vibrant green and pink colors. My friends know how to put on a party! The birthday girl got her own cupcake, and it was hilarious watching her try to eat it. She went straight for it after "blowing out" her birthday candle, haha. Starting the sugar rush at a young age! I did bring a birthday card and, knowing she was turning one, I opted to get lottery tickets for her parents, haha. This may sound harsh but I don't see the need in buying toys because the child will usually have A LOT of toys already; it's also likely the other parents + babies in attendance brought toy presents. Perhaps a cardboard box will suffice? The lottery ticket might become a "tradition" for future 1st birthday parties. This is new territory for me - Pardon me while I learn!






No comments:

Post a Comment