Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tap, Krog Bar

Black Bean Burger (100% vegetarian) - Gruyere cheese, avocado mayo, pickled radish, lettuce leaf, sprouts, sesame bun with mixed greens


I went to Tap for a friend's going-away party. She's lived in Atlanta for about seven years and recently decided to return home to Houston, TX, to be closer to family. We're all going to miss her!

I don't know if the Black Bean Burger is what I would recommend at Tap because there are several (and possibly better) alternatives available. But, my conscience keeps telling me to choose more wisely when I eat out. I opted for this burger with a salad (instead of fries), and I'm glad I did though the patty itself was not holding together very well. I had to finish it with a fork. It was a filling meal, but that didn't stop me from stealing other people's fries and trying some fried pickles someone else had ordered. O_o So... maybe my conscience isn't working full-time!

Instead of the usual coffee shop, we went to Krog Bar [112 Krog St NW #27, Atlanta, GA 30307] afterwards. I'm not much of a drinker, so I nursed a cup of water for the rest of the evening while others partook in wine/beer. It has a sophisticated vibe to it, possibly because of the alcohol offerings. Valet parking is available; I lucked out and found a "visitor" spot. There's indoor and outdoor seating available, with heat lamps for chilly days and nights. It's a small venue. I know Chef Kevin Rathbun has his hands all over the food menu, so I'll have to go back one day for a meal. For now, it was nice to check out something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment