Sunday, March 31, 2013

Everything Bagel Vinaigrette

I had the good fortune to meet Richard Blais and get a copy of his cookbook signed! I'm going to start with the small (easy) stuff and work my way up to large (difficult) dishes. The Everything Bagel Vinaigrette immediately stood out to me because (1) I love vinaigrettes and (2) the ingredients sounded awesome. I always have a vinaigrette with salad, so why not start with this?





Makes about 1/2 cup
Ingredients:
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp sherry vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp dried onion flakes (I omitted this.)
1/2 tsp chopped fresh oregano or 1/4 tsp dried
1/4 tsp garlic flakes
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the red wine and sherry vinegars, Dijon, poppy and sesame seeds, onion flakes, oregano, and garlic until well combined.

2. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified and thickened. Season with salt and pepper and whisk again.

3. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

I did keep the vinaigrette in the fridge and the ingredients thickened into a more solid state, so I have not kept the dressing refrigerated since then. I think it's fine... really. >.>

Richard Blais cookbook, Try This At Home

No comments:

Post a Comment