Sunday, March 3, 2013

Corn Casserole





If it seems random that I would make corn casserole, it kind of is. I can't remember what inspired me to make this but it turned out all right! I enlisted my youngest brother to help mix everything together and pour into a baking dish. I think I would let it bake a little longer next time. My sister remarked that the consistency is similar to mashed potatoes. -____-" Her version of mashed potatoes includes cheese and corn kernels, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

Ingredients:

2 whole eggs, whisked
1 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cans 15 oz. sweet whole kernel corn, undrained
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow corn meal
3 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp extra salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

1.Mix the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients in separate bowls, and then combine them. Add fresh cracked pepper and more salt to taste.

2. Pour into a greased baking dish. Top with small dabs of butter (about 2-3 Tbsp). [I neglected to add the dabs of butter on top, fyi.]

3. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50-55 minutes, or until golden brown and set in the middle. (Give it a shake - it shouldn't jiggle too much in the middle when it's ready.)

Recipe: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/sidedishes/corn-casserole-from-scratch/

No comments:

Post a Comment