Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chinese New Year @ CCC







Fried chicken 


Dumplings 





Oh boy. Chinese New Year time again! As usual, the celebrations take place over two days (Saturday and Sunday) at the Chinese Culture Center (aka CCC) in Chinatown. I've been attending this event for at least 6 years now, and the crowd has become more diverse. It's getting so crowded, however, that this year will probably be the last year I attend. My sister and I were lucky because we came as the Dragon dance began, so most people were outside watching the performance. We spent about 45 minutes at the venue this time, hoping to get a quick bite to eat and get out. I noticed there were significantly more (and better) chairs available and the extra tent did help somewhat - food vendors stayed inside the building while other service/product vendors were in the white tent. Unfortunately, the people in charge of this annual event refuse to move it to a bigger venue. :o\ I'm sure costs are a major factor in that decision. As it stands, the festivities and food are pretty much the same every year. My stepmom's oyster omelette fix notwithstanding, I hope I can avoid this event from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment