Saturday, January 26, 2013

Porto Brasil






A friend of mine introduced me to Porto Brasil a couple of years ago. It's a small, hole-in-the-wall restaurant that has a variety of meats to choose from. We went for the lunch buffet that time and I had a great experience.

This particular evening, I took another friend here because she was craving meat. There's apparently a dinner buffet option, so we dove in. The meat is the main attraction here - chicken, beef, pork (no lamb) - all roasting on a spit behind the counter. You have to ask someone to slice the cuts for you. I have to admit the meats left something to be desired - it's possible they'd been out too long - but I think it's because we went for dinner. I'm sure it's better during the lunch hour. Anyway, it didn't take us long to fill our stomachs! There were a few other diners on that cold evening. Brave and hungry people.

I'm going to have to try this place again during lunch to refresh my memory. I smell another meat outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment