Sunday, January 27, 2013

Firkin & Gryphon


Vegetarian samosas served with mint chutney

 
Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich - Marinated then grilled chicken, ham, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and basil aioli on a toasted bun (sans onion) with sweet potato tots (!)

Firkin & Gryphon is located where a Boneheads or Smokey Bones used to be, up Ashford-Dunwoody Road from Perimeter Mall. I chose this place because there's a regular Wednesday night trivia night, and I wanted to meet up with some folks in a central part of the metro area. Hence, Firkin & Gryphon! Plenty of parking, plenty of seating, and plenty of conversation topics due to the trivia night.

The service was attentive for the most part. I split the vegetarian samosas with someone; even though I had had Indian food not too long ago, that did not include samosas! I was glad to eat them, haha. Seeing as how Firkin & Gryphon has a variety of food genres on the menu, I'm sure the samosas were the frozen-then-fried variety but I didn't care. It still tasted good to me. And they definitely had a kick to them that I wasn't expecting! O_o By the time my friend and I polished off the samosas, I was pretty full. When my entree came, I left the sandwich alone and went straight for the tots. I ended up eating the sandwich the next day for lunch. :o) Man... those tots were good! Don't tater tots remind you of your childhood? I kind of wish they didn't because they're not exactly healthy for you but oh well. Nothing can be done about it now!

I'm planning on going back, if not for the food then definitely for the trivia. ;o) I thought we had a fighting chance there.

No comments:

Post a Comment