Monday, December 31, 2012

Kozmo Gastro Pub



Parmesan Truffled Tempura Mushrooms with lemon aioli


Shrimp Tempura Fish and Grits with Andouille sausage, Gouda grits, and tomato fume


Vanilla Lava Puffs with caramel and chocolate sauce


 Creme brulee

One day while making lunch plans with a friend, I stumbled upon Kozmo Gastro Pub using Google. We decided to go elsewhere for lunch, but I remembered the name when a HalfOffDepot deal came up for it. [Use discount code: 75off for an additional 75% off the purchase price!] The fine print says the voucher covers two entrees and one appetizer.

My friend and I opted for the parmesan truffled tempura mushrooms which were delicious! Oh my goodness... very light and full of flavor. I wish I could say the same about the shrimp tempura fish and grit. O_o I think the fried fish sticks were overkill. The dish would've been fine with just the shrimp, sausage, and grits. At any rate, I had to save room for dessert. I thought the voucher would cover the dollar amount and not just the two entrees and one appetizer, so we ended up paying out of pocket for the two desserts. You've been warned!

The vanilla lava puffs were basically a fancy name for fried cream puffs, haha. But they were SOOO good! I liked that the caramel and chocolate dipping sauces weren't drizzled on top. They almost look like doughnut holes when you get them. ^_^ The creme brulee was, well, creme brulee. This is one of those desserts that you just can't mess up, really.

Two cons about the restaurant: (a) it's hard to find! It's in the same shopping plaza as Yogurtini, which is more visible from the street; (b) the restaurant has valet parking! What the?! Really? Valet parking in the suburbs? Ridiculous.... I got lucky and arrived when there was a free spot available. Some parking spots are for Yogurtini customers only. What an absurd idea... Overall, I really enjoyed eating at Kozmo. The service was excellent and the bartender was cute. ;o) I'd go back with a voucher.

No comments:

Post a Comment