Sunday, December 16, 2012

Kale Mushroom Soup

Country sausage and sauteed onions

I made two batches of this soup simultaneously, one to bring for a potluck and the other to keep at home.

Lentils, Portabello mushrooms, carrots, chicken stock

Kale, divided


Kale Mushroom Soup

I think this was pot roast. Memory's hazy. -___-"

Garlic cheesy mashed potatoes

Sauteed kale with ham


Healthy cranberry bread using almond flour

I had had a version of kale mushroom soup at World Peace Cafe and was interested in creating my own version at home. Since I was participating in a potluck with a couple of friends, I figured that would be the perfect opportunity to make the soup.

[I can't find the recipe I used at the moment. Rest assured, I'll be back to edit this post!]

I added carrots and mushrooms to the soup as extra veggies are always a good idea. I think the only thing I would do differently is cook the kale for a longer period of time; I would have preferred a softer texture than the one I got this time. I also think this is one of those soups that tastes better after a day or two.

I brought the soup still in the pot to a potluck at a friend's house. There was pot roasted, sauteed kale, and garlic cheesy mashed potatoes. A very healthy meal overall! I love garlic. :o) After dinner, we watched a Netflix movie and chatted the night away. It was a nice, low-key evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment