Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cibo e Beve





Goat Cheese Pana Cotta - Pancetta syrup, marcona almonds, figs

Gemelli - Sausage ragu, ricotta


Funghi misti - Forest mushrooms, taleggio, truffle oil


I hadn't heard of Cibo e Beve until a friend of mine had a birthday dinner there. Now that I think about it, the last time I was at a "pizza place" was also for a friend's birthday dinner. Hmm, coincidence? Two different friends, two birthdays, two pizza joints. Ah well.. I benefit from it all, hehe.

The goat cheese pana cotta was delicious. The goat cheese sits in the middle and is surrounded by fried green tomatoes. There were too few tomatoes to go around with the goat cheese, which is why it's awesome (and convenient) that there's a bread basket as well. Mwah ha ha ha!

My friend and I shared the gemelli and funghi misti. Both were really good, though if I had to pick one of the two to order again, I'd pick the gemelli pasta dish. I swear there was cheese in that sausage ragu. The funghi misti was yummy as well and was actually "thick" enough to eat with your hands instead of a knife and fork. Service was great. The place is on the small side like Antico's but with classier decor and no family-style seating. I'd be curious to try another pasta dish there... but I'd also be afraid it wouldn't live up to the gemelli. Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment