Friday, November 23, 2012

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies










There were two inspirations for finding this cookie recipe:

One: Somewhere in our kitchen, I knew there were white chocolate chips lying around in a plastic to-go container that had been neglected for who knows how long. Perhaps I had used some in another recipe long ago. I'm not sure. I just knew we had them.

Two: I was in Publix recently, searching for a cheap dinner because (a) I didn't feel like cooking and (b) I didn't feel like eating out, either. -_____-"""" I happened to pass by an endcap and saw a promotion for dried cranberries - buy one, get one free. Umm... YES, PLEASE. I love it when Publix has BOGOF offers. It fulfills my (implicit?) goal of saving money and my odd habit of buying groceries in pairs (or even numbers).

Ingredients

1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Directions

1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about two minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and chips.

2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned (or until inserted toothpick comes out clean). Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.

Technically, I didn't follow the mixing directions to a T, which is why it took me a while to get the right cookie consistency for the ball-forming stage. -____-"" Whatever, it still came out fine. ;oP I made at least three dozen bite-sized cookies. Even though they take less than 30 minutes to bake, I don't normally make cookies because of the upfront time to form the cookie dough balls. As I was rolling them though, I likened the experience to prepping and cooking Asian food in general. With Asian food, there is a lot of prep involved and minimal cooking time (versus American cooking which is the opposite: minimal prep and long cooking times). I'll try to make more cookies (for co-workers and the like) as Christmas nears. They are much easier to transport than muffins.

Recipe: http://www.beantownbaker.com/2011/12/white-chocolate-cranberry-cookies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment