Thursday, November 8, 2012

Waikikie BBQ


Loco Moco - two hamburger patties and two eggs with gravy on top with two scoops of steamed rice and one scoop of macaroni salad

My second time at Waikikie BBQ. The first time I came here, I had ordered the Waikikie combo, which reminded me of Korean BBQ. This time around I was better informed! My sister had been to Hawaii and recommended that I try the Loco Moco.

The description neglects to mention that there's sauteed cabbage at the bottom of the dish. Mmm... cabbage. You can squeak by and say there were vegetables in the dish, haha. Really it's just meat and carbs but when you're starving, it doesn't matter. :oP I thought it was pretty good. The rice offsets whatever saltiness there is in the gravy/eggs/burger patties. It's definitely a "bang for your buck" kind of restaurant. And there's free, password-protected wi-fi. What more could you ask for? I'm kind of a wi-fi nut. Apologies in advance. ;oP

No comments:

Post a Comment