Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey Salad




 


We had half of a roast turkey in the fridge, so I figured I should make something of it. I "de-meated" it using latex gloves, throwing away the skin because that's one of the unhealthiest parts of a bird. The only thing I could think to make was turkey salad because, well, what else are you going to do with hand-shredded turkey? I looked up a chicken salad recipe and subbed turkey for chicken.

The next day I made baguettes from scratch, so I made a crostini using the turkey salad as a topping for sliced baguettes. To be honest, I sliced the baguette a little too thick and didn't toast it properly prior to topping it with turkey salad but it still tasted good all together. ^_^

Ingredients:

4 cups diced, poached chicken (I used turkey.)
1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced or 1/4 cup sweet onion  cut into 1/4-inch dice (I nixed the scallions.)
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon or fresh dill
2 Tbspn finely chopped parsley
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp strained, squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard (I used regular mustard.)
2 tsp kosher salt (I used regular table salt.)
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

1. In a mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, and herbs. Set aside.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chicken-salad-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment