Friday, November 23, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies



Oops moment: When I didn't let the cream cheese completely soften before making this recipe. That's why you see chunks in the mixture. :o\


Well, who really cares what a cheesecake brownie should look like anyway? As long as it tastes good, right? >.>




 


I found this recipe online through a stranger's blog. It sounded intriguing and slightly holiday-centric, so I decided to give it a try. I made it the night before Thanksgiving so I wouldn't have to worry about making it the day of. Once I finally sampled it, I realized I didn't really like the combination of pumpkin, cheesecake, and brownie. I think if one of the three had been removed, it would have been fine: either pumpkin cheesecake, or cheesecake brownie (not so much a pumpkin brownie). Anyway, I've already given half the pan to a couple of friends. I plan on giving away the rest soon. It was a nice experiment but I'm probably not going to make this again.

Ingredients:

Brownie Batter:
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar (I used dark brown sugar.)
1 Tbspn pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Cheesecake Batter:
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar (I used dark brown sugar.)
2 Tbspn flour
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8x8" square metal baking pan.

2. Beat together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla, then beat in eggs one at a time. Combine dry ingredients and then gradually stir into butter mixture with a wooden spoon. In a separate bowl, beat together cheesecake batter ingredients.

3. Spread about 2/3 of chocolate batter into prepared pan, and spoon cheesecake batter over. Dollop remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter. Swirl the batters together by running a butter knife back and forth through the pan.

4. Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack and chill before cutting and serving.

Recipe: http://www.beantownbaker.com/2009/09/pumpkin-spice-cheesecake-brownies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment