Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy Sumo


Spicy tuna roll - Tuna and spicy sauce (aka Sriracha)

Futomaki - Crab stick, avocado, cucumber, masako, gumpyo, egg (supposed to be 5 large pieces but came out as 8)


I went to Happy Sumo for the first time for a friend's birthday dinner. I think everyone in the party ordered a hibachi dish. Nothing wrong with hibachi but I knew it was going to be too much food for me. Plus, I've been to WAY too many Japanese restaurants to know the circus show they put on for their customers. Needless to say, I've been over it for years now. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but there's only so many times a flaming onion volcano can be deemed entertaining.

I ordered sushi instead. I wasn't altogether impressed with either one, and I was surprised the Futomaki came out in eight pieces. Did the sushi chef forget what he was making? My seatmate said the sushi chef got lazy. Hmm. Even the hibachi chef was making mistakes! I guess I could overlook these incidents since there were essentially 30+ people in attendance ... and reservations were made ahead of time. So now you've been warned. Eh.

I did have a great time, however, catching up with friends I hadn't seen in a while. That's always good. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment