Thursday, November 8, 2012

FLIP Burger





Korean burger - Pork patty, kimchi, Galbi braised pork belly, sesame krispies, ottagi ketchup





So it appears FLIP Burger has expanded since the last time I was there. O_O I went to the Buckhead location. Honestly, I like the free parking but the traffic at that intersection is bananas. Craziness, especially after work hours and during peak traffic time. ;oP You've been warned!

I remember the last time I was at FLIP the Korean burger was available but I didn't try it, so I made it a point to do so this time. Knowing how tall these burgers can get, I squished mine before I ate it. hence, the last greasy picture in this post. (Yay.) I was expecting it to be spicy because of the kimchi but thankfully it wasn't. I understand kimchi is more pickled than spicy but you never know... it really depends on who makes it. (My step-mom loves spicy so I tend to avoid her Taiwanese version of it at all costs.) Frankly, I'm not a huge kimchi fan but I'm glad I tried this. The flavors in a burger vehicle were interesting, to say the least.  I didn't need to add anything to it, either. The fries were okay, if a little bit too salty. I don't know if it's just me but I'm finding things salty more and more these days. That, or restaurants really are using that much salt in their food. More reason to cook at home, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment