Monday, October 22, 2012

My Pig Me Up Anniversary/Rouxd



Shrimp Po Boy - Fried gulf shrimp on a French roll with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mayo


Pork Belly Po Boy - Braised and deep-fried pork belly on a French roll with pickles, Asian veggies, soy ketchup, and wasabi aioli


My friend, Lillian Tram, was holding a one-year anniversary celebration for her blog, My Pig Me Up, at the Atlanta Food Truck Park. There was a live DJ, games, and a photo booth! T-shirts are still on sale for $20.

I went to the Rouxd truck because a friend mentioned the sandwiches were ginormous. A good value, hehe. I opted for the shrimp po boy while my friend got the pork belly version. We had to wait a while in line before placing our orders because one of the fryers was on the fritz. O_o That was slightly frustrating.

It was okay once we got the food though. I was SO hungry that I didn't put any condiments on my sandwich. I literally headed straight to a table to eat. I thought both sandwiches were good. Perhaps my hunger clouded my judgment? I'll have to try it again when I'm moderately hungry instead of starving to give an adequate review. :oP

The night was quite the success for L. Tram! Over 300 people showed up to support her. It was a pretty great event!

No comments:

Post a Comment