Monday, October 22, 2012

Breaking Bread: Part 5 (Cheddar-sriracha bread)




Saran wrap on the kitchen counter because I was too lazy to clean up all that flour. XoD







It looks like some of the bread isn't fully cooked here... Or is that just me? O_o


Cheddar-sriracha bread! I saw this online recently and was super intrigued! I have a baking pet project! :oD Sriracha is basically hot sauce, fyi.

The one issue I had with this bread was near the beginning when I added yeast to the milk mixture. It wasn't foaming, so I mixed it in. Big mistake! The dough didn't rise like it normally should have. :o( Other than that, I think it turned out okay. I think if the dough had risen properly, I would have had two loaves instead of one. As it is, the bread is tasty but not that spicy. I suppose I'm okay with that. This loaf stayed home, too.

Before this recipe, I wasn't aware of that strategy of misting the oven before baking the bread. I'll have to try that out on other bread varieties to see what difference it makes. More experimenting! :o)

Recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cheddar-Sriracha-Swirl-Bread-364269

No comments:

Post a Comment