Monday, September 17, 2012

Quick Quiche

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-quiche/






Ingredients:
8 slices of bacon (I substituted 6 slices of turkey.)
4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese (I had Mexican blend on hand. I would defer to the Swiss next time!)
2 Tblspn butter, melted
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (I did not include this.)
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup milk

Directions:
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside. (I cut the turkey into slices and left it "uncooked" - as uncooked as lunch meat can be.)
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
3. Line bottom of pie plate with cheese and crumbled bacon (sliced turkey). Combine eggs, butter, onion, salt, flour, and milk; whisk together until smooth; pour into pie pan. (I did not use a whisk which explains the lumps in the mixture.)
4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes until set. Serve hot or cold.

Aside from the lumpy egg mixture and semi-burnt parts of the quiche, it tasted a bit too salty. Other than that, it was fine. I'm sure if I had used bacon, I would have excluded the salt from the mixture altogether. I can see many varieties of quiches coming from this recipe. I will also reiterate that Mexican blend cheese is NOT the cheese of choice for this dish. Blaahh... But I'd be interested to see how a spinach cheese quiche looks. :o)

Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-quiche/

No comments:

Post a Comment