Saturday, September 22, 2012

Apple Muffins






I've had this recipe for a while. I elected not to make the topping this time around due to time constraints. However, in my opinion the muffins DO taste better with the topping than without. That being said, the quantity of the topping is a LOT for the two dozen muffins you'll yield from this recipe. I recommend cutting the topping ingredients in half when you make your own version. :o)

Ingredients:

Apple Mixture:

1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups peeled, chopped apples (I used two winesap apples.)
1 1/2 Tbspn vegetable oil (I used olive oil.)
3 Tbspn sugar

Muffin Mixture:

2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil (Again, I used olive oil.)
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Optional: Top with nut crunch topping

Topping:

2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Sprinkle on top of muffins before baking.

Directions:
1. Beat eggs with fork. Stir in milk and oil. Blend dry ingredients and stir into wet mixture until flour is moistened.
2. Add apple mixture and pour into greased muffin pans.
3. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.

Recipe: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,184,152184-228200,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment