Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mary Mac's Tea Room



Complimentary carbs - oh dear!

Clockwise: Mac and cheese, chicken pot pie, and squash souffle


Mac and cheese Southern-style - cooked with eggs!


NOM

My friend and I wanted to eat at TOP FLR but, alas, there was an hour wait. So we went across the street to Mary Mac's! The prices were pretty reasonable, and we both hadn't been there in a while.

I saw chicken pot pie on the menu and knew I had to get it. This is a childhood favorite of mine that I don't get to have much as an adult because I know how awful it is for you, haha. I've made a homemade version before, which turned out okay, but I wouldn't mind making another version! I really liked the way Mary Mac's topped it with gravy - that was a nice touch. :o) I was expecting regular mac and cheese though, so the egg part kind of disappointed me. It's not that I'm dissing mac and cheese and eggs, but I just wanted something different that night and my expectations were not met. I'm a huge squash souffle lover, so I already knew I was going to like what I ordered. I find it hard to go wrong when ordering Southern food, really. It's just a matter of moderation. :o)

Service was so-so but at least we got seated right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment