Sunday, July 8, 2012

Maggiano's




Eggplant parmesan - Sliced eggplant, breaded and fried, layered with Provolone cheese and marinara sauce

Maggiano's for lunch? Don't mind if I do! There's a wonderful deal under Classic Pastas where you essentially get two pastas for the price of one - um, heck yes! I ordered the eggplant parmesan to eat in the restaurant (I opted for whole wheat pasta), and asked for Taylor Street baked ziti to-go. Unfortunately, you have to order the to-go pasta when you place your order for the eat-in pasta. I don't know why - restaurant's rules, I suppose. I vaguely remember having and enjoying the Taylor Street ziti before a few years ago, so I hoped I made the right decision. :o)

Taylor Street baked ziti - Italian sausage, pomodoro sauce and ziti topped with a layer of melted Provolone and Parmesan

The eggplant parmesan was delicious but too big a portion for me to finish in the restaurant. I suspect the whole wheat pasta was good filler. :o) I took the remainder home with me. I should have reheated the ziti according to Maggiano's directions but I simply did not have the time, so I microwaved it for lunch the next day. I'm certain it tastes better fresh. And I did make the right choice in selecting the ziti - it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment