Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins







I had had those two Jiffy cornbread muffin mixes for a while, and one day I had an idea to make jalapeno cornbread muffins. Fortunately, there was an upcoming potluck. :o) I found it ironic that I wanted to make something spicy when the weather has been deathly hot and humid as of late.

2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of corn
1/3 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers (canned or fresh)
1/2 cup onion (optional) - I did not include onions.

1. Prepare Jiffy mix according to package directions. Add cheese, creamed corn, jalapeno and onion (optional). Mix well.

2. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking dish, or spoon into greased mini-muffin tin. [For easier consumption, I opted to use regular muffin tins which made 20 muffins with flat tops.]

3. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown on top and center is firm, about 30 minutes. [I used two regular muffin tins, which extended the baking time from 45 minutes to one hour.]

Credit for the recipe goes to: http://sheisdallas.com/jalapeno-cornbread/. I have no affiliation with this blog or blogger. This was by far the simplest recipe I found that included the Jiffy brand mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment