Sunday, June 17, 2012

Varasano's

Fontina Mushroom - Mild Fontina with earthy mushrooms and herbs 

Salumi - Thinly sliced Italian cured meats with Mozzarella, tomato sauce, and spiced olives 

Caramelized Onion - Sweet onions with a sharp Emmenthaler cheese 

Margherita di Bufala - Imported Bufala Mozzarella, San Marzano tomato sauce, and basil 

Blueberry gelato 

Nutella pizzette - Doughnut stuffed with hazelnut and cocoa

I'd been to Varasano's last year but made a poor pizza selection. I avoided that option like the plague this time around! (Menu here.) Recently, I met up with several friends there for a birthday dinner. One side of the ginormous table comprised five people, so we decided to evenly split four pizzas and two desserts. (O_O) Yep, we had a couple of big eaters in the group, haha.

All the pizzas came out in thin slices so it doesn't feel as if you're eating a lot - this can be good or bad, depending on the person! And you do have to follow the instructions on the table about folding the slice in half length-wise to eat it. I definitely had at least one slice of each pizza. I lost count after that! I also had the pleasure of having a doughnut to myself. The description said the Nutella was inside, so I was a little dismayed to see it on the side. :o\ But I love Nutella regardless, so I wasn't upset for long. The doughnuts are a bit messy if you use your hands, so I'd recommend a knife and fork, if possible. There was a Nutella gelato option but I thought two Nutella desserts would be too much, so I suggested we get the blueberry instead. The blueberry was really refreshing, especially after all of the pizzas and doughnuts. :o)

I liked all of the pizzas we ordered for different reasons, none of which I can remember because I ate SO MUCH. Just be assured that if you order one of them, you'll be okay. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment