Sunday, May 20, 2012

Brownwood Park Bike Rally





 






Haha, if you read the previous post about Coco's, then you know how far behind I am on these blog posts. Apologies! It's been a crazy few weeks. Hope I can get into the rhythm of posting on a more regular basis.

I volunteered at the Brownwood Part Bike Rally with the National Association of Asian-American Professionals - Atlanta chapter. I've been a volunteer with this organization since 2008, and it's always great to go out and do a community service project with them. I had never heard of Brownwood Park or this bike rally before, so it was a great opportunity to see the park and surrounding neighborhood as well as meet new people.

I signed up for the face painting tent, which I have never done before. Thankfully, I was partnered with someone who's not only pretty artistic but who also volunteered for the same event last year. It was a gorgeous day, and we were lucky to have a tent and some shade over us while we painted. The park is pretty small in size, which makes it perfect for kids. It was pretty fun to see all the kids running around and their parents watching over them. This is not my usual social scenery!

I painted a rainbow, a snake, a tiger, Batman, and two clown faces, among others. I did take a couple of pictures of the kids with their faces painted as proof of my awesome artistic abilities but I am not posting them due to privacy issues. If I were a parent, I wouldn't want my kids' pictures floating out there on the Internet without my knowledge! So, you'll just have to trust me when I say they turned out pretty well. :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment