Friday, April 13, 2012

St. Patrick's Day



Sublime Burger - 1/2 lb burger, cheddar, caramelized onions, bacon, two Sublime Doughnuts with French fries


Chicken Club Sandwich - Grilled chicken, Swiss cheese, bacon, garlic aioli, arugula, tomato, ciabatta with sweet potato fries





Homemade Ramen noodles

I had never been to Cypress Street Pint and Plate. My friends and I came here for St. Patrick's Day - now you know how behind I am in my blogging! :oP We had to wait a bit for a table on the patio but we eventually put a couple together. It was a tough crowd! People were just occupying those spaces because they could.

A friend ordered the Sublime burger - I was intrigued by it, and I'd heard of the concept before but I didn't want such a heavy meal for dinner. I ordered the chicken club sandwich instead. The sandwich was great, as were the sweet potato fries. There was a lot of bread involved. O_O [I was thinking it would come out like a "traditional" club sandwich, three layers on regular toasted bread and quartered. Clearly, I should have known better since the bread listed was ciabatta. ;oP] I couldn't finish the sandwich though, so I took half of it home. 

We were debating between clubbing and a concert; we couldn't do both, so ultimately we ended up at the concert. The same friend who had the Sublime Burger suggested the concert. I had never heard of Kasabian before, so I figured 'why not?' It was certainly something different from the norm. The ticket price was pretty reasonable, and we stayed until the end. It was hard to hear the lyrics but fortunately Centre Stage has free (password-protected) wi-fi. AWESOME. The band is definitely more rock than alternative.

Afterwards, we headed to a friend's place and hung out there until 2 or 3am. In the meantime, someone cooked everyone Ramen noodles for a late-night snack. Haha, to help with the alcohol. :oP Overall, it was a pretty good night. I don't know that I would ever try the Sublime Burger though... at least, not an entire one! Maybe a couple of bites... 

No comments:

Post a Comment