Monday, April 30, 2012

Serpas





Tuna tartar - chile-sesame dressing, green apple, house chips


Georgia Strawberry Salad - Balsamic strawberry dressing, arugula, local greens, candied pecans, goat cheese


Sweetwater 420 Steamed Mussels - garlic, shallots, herbs, butter, toasted focaccia


The tuna tartar was delicious - so scrumptious with the different flavors and textures. The mussels were not to my liking; I'm not much of a beer drinker, but the Sweetwater may have affected my taste buds on this one. The Georgia strawberry salad was quite light and refreshing. If you only have the salad for dinner, you will still be hungry though. I was tempted to get dessert but ultimately did not order from that menu. It was getting pretty late!

Overall, this was a great first experience at Serpas. I came here to bid a friend farewell as she relocates for a job. The atmosphere was great - definitely a nice date night spot - and the service was pretty good on the whole. My only complaint is that I was charged gratuity for the entire table's bill rather than my own portion, so my $9 salad ended up costing me $16. Well... I couldn't say or do much about the bill, so I let it slide. Besides, that kind of ridiculous gratuity charge happens once in a blue moon, so perhaps from now on I will have the good fortune to avoid it. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment