Monday, April 30, 2012

Panera

Low-fat vegetarian black bean soup - Plump black beans simmered in a spicy vegetarian broth with onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, garlic and cumin
Greek salad - Romaine lettuce, vine-ripened tomatoes, Feta cheese, peperoncini, red onions, Kalamata olives, pepper and Greek dressing




I met up with a friend I hadn't seen in about a year for a quick dinner before both of us heading out to a friend's going-away party. We opted for something quick, simple, and inexpensive: Panera. Since the going-away party was off of Buford Highway, the logical Panera location was North Druid Hills. Anyway, I ordered a half soup, half salad entree. I decided to stick with a vegetarian theme because I had eaten a big lunch. In my head, vegetarianism balances out heavy meals. >.>

The soup was good - I didn't taste onions at all, which was magnificent. I didn't realize it had all those other ingredients in it though! Nice. Salad is salad; the dressing was all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment