Wednesday, April 25, 2012

D.B.A. Barbecue



Open-faced pimento cheese with bacon and tomato fingers



My first time at D.B.A. Barbecue, and I didn't even get BBQ! What's wrong with me?

Truth be told, I was meeting up with friends and ran late, which is atypical of me but what can you do? I had had a large snack on the way over, so I couldn't eat an entire meal. Thus, I tried an appetizer. The open-faced sandwich intrigued me from the beginning, and the server confirmed its awesomeness, so I gave it a go.

First, there is a LOT of pimento cheese involved. The bacon tasted candied, which was a nice balance to the saltiness of the cheese. I felt it was missing something though, either some lettuce or another slice of bread. The cheese is *super* greasy - you've been warned!

Just so you know, my friends went there for the $18 all-you-can-eat lunch buffet. Lunch buffet + open bar = $30. Everything in the buffet looked wonderful and exceedingly greasy. I'll have to come here again to try the BBQ; maybe I can prep my stomach for all the grease beforehand!

No comments:

Post a Comment