Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Crepe Revolution


Crab cake crepe - grilled crab cake, spring lettuce mix, mushrooms, remoulade (fresh herb crepe) - with a side of stone-ground grits




Bananas foster crepe - banana, brown sugar, rum, cinnamon, candied pecans, whipped cream

I've been to Crepe Revolution once before and had a good experience, so I made it a point to return. This time, I went for brunch and ordered a delicious crab cake crepe. There were definitely decent portions of crab cake in there; the remoulade was textured and had a bit of a kick to it, which was nice. The entire plate was really colorful, as you can tell. The grits were just right on the salt content but was kind of soupy towards the bottom of the bowl. I daresay it would be excellent with cheese!

I also ordered the bananas foster crepe, which was super sweet. My sweet tooth loved it, though the caramel sauce did get to be too sweet after a while. There was an option to have it served with ice cream but I declined. Thinking back, the ice cream might have tempered the sweetness of the caramel. Hmm. There was a lot of caramel but ultimately, this was a great dish, too. I would recommend both! 

No comments:

Post a Comment