Monday, April 30, 2012

Benihana

Left: Sumo roll - Crabstick meat, avocado, cucumber, shrimp tempura, salmon, special mayo sauce (baked)
Right: Salmon skin roll - Salmon skin, cucumber, yamagobo, bonito flakes





Top: Las Vegas roll - Salmon, avocado, cream cheese, jalapeno, spicy sauce on top (deep fried)
Bottom: Eel sashimi


 Back in the day, I could get full of of $50 worth of sushi. Sadly, my stomach cannot handle as much these days but I still love eating sushi. :o) I had a belated birthday dinner with a friend of mine. When you sign up for Benihana correspondence, you get a free birthday dinner up to a certain dollar amount. Hehehe, in other words, this was a free meal! That's the best kind of deal there is, really. ;oD Just know that when you sign up for restaurant correspondence and the website asks for your birthday, it can only lead to email spam and free birthday swag. Starbucks has a birthday promotion as well!

All of this sushi can be found on the specialty roll section of the menu. I can honestly say I loved all of them. When it comes to sushi, I bypass the beginner's stuff (ahem, California roll *rolls eyes*) and go straight for the complicated-sounding options. They are generally the best, in my opinion. I am a fan of fancy-sounding sushi dishes; plus, anything with mayo sauce or cream cheese is bound to be delicious. The Las Vegas roll was certainly intriguing. When I pictured "deep fried," I imagined an American kind of deep fried. Thank goodness it was tempura-fried! The spicy sauce sat atop a sliced jalapeno. I daresay that the sauce tempered the jalapeno's spiciness. It had a great, mild kick to it. I think I'm getting used to eating jalapenos now. Baby steps towards the next level of pepper!

No comments:

Post a Comment