Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Panahar

Sorry it's a bit blurry. My camera was welling up at the sight of such glorious food. ;oD



Oh, Panahar. I always wish I could come here more often. As it is, I make it about once per year. I was introduced to this restaurant in the mid- to early 2000s by a friend of mine. They serve Bangladeshi food, which is apparently different from Indian food. I'm unaware of the nuances so I will leave that alone.

Suffice it to say, there is a daily lunch buffet from Tuesdays to Sundays which costs around $10. There are roughly 8-10 warm dishes and 6-8 cold dishes plus soup and naan. It's a small venue with a proportionally small buffet but it's SO GOOD! I love spinach (palak) paneer, man. Mmm... spinach and cheese. It kind of reminds me of spinach and artichoke dip that you can find in American restaurants. I should point out that none of the warm dishes were spicy, not even mildly spicy. The customer service is always on par, and you can bring your own wine, if you want. There is no corkage fee.

I always enjoy eating at Panahar during lunchtime - the variety for the price can't be beat. They also have a dinner menu, if you wish to try something different on the menu. I believe the lunch buffet dishes haven't changed in all the times I've been there, so you're better off ordering from the menu if you want to venture into new foodie territories.

No comments:

Post a Comment