Monday, January 2, 2012

Mango Cuban

Pork Quesadilla - Flour tortilla filled with shredded pork and cheese, served with sour cream


This is a shredded chicken dish. Not the one listed under "Traditional Dishes," but the other one on the flip side of the menu. Uhh, I didn't catch the name of the dish. :o\  


Plantains

Mango Cuban (UrbanSpoon entry with pics of half of the menu) is a hole-in-the-wall restaurant located in Suwanee. A friend of mine recommended the place, so I thought I'd give it a try.

The pork quesadilla was quite filling! I barely had enough room to dive into my entree. O_O You could easily get away with having this appetizer as a meal here. The shredded pork was tender but a little salty that evening. :o\ I really liked the sauce in the unnamed chicken dish. The chicken itself tasted kind of bland, so the sauce makes it shine. And the plantains were yummy! Looking back, I wish there was some chocolate drizzled on top. But... I think chocolate belongs in or on most desserts, so I'm biased. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment