Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homemade Dumplings






Five second rule! ^_^

Spring rolls

Talk about homemade! I met up with some friends, and we made dumplings from scratch. I'd always seen my dad make these by hand, and I never really knew what went into them. I just knew how to fold the dumpling (sort of) and that they were always delicious. The spring rolls brought back childhood memories. I remember my mom cooking each veggie, combining some, and leaving the rest a la carte so we had the choice of adding whatever we wanted. These are filling, healthy, and vegetarian. Of course, in my youth, we had the option of putting gluttonous amounts of sauce in each roll. Like a salad, the sauce probably negated a lot of the healthy parts of the meal, but it was so tasty! It was a great way to spend the day. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment