Thursday, January 5, 2012

Carpe Diem


Salmon Ciabatta sandwich - lettuce, tomato, caramelized onion, sun-dried tomato aioli. Served with allumettes (French fries) and mixed greens.





Andes mints! <3

Carpe Diem is tucked away in a corner of Decatur. I hadn't been here in a year or two; I believe I had ordered the tuna salad last time and it was... well, not memorable.

Remembering that fact, I decided to get the salmon ciabatta sandwich. I was torn between this and a ravioli dish. -____-" There is a "bang for your buck" element here because I got a variety of food on my plate by ordering a sandwich versus just the ravioli which would have just been the ravioli. And I felt bad that I hadn't had eaten any green veggies that day. >.>

The sandwich was all right; I was so hungry because I was waiting on other people that I kind of scarfed it down as soon as possible. The hazards of dining with others! The salmon was cooked through and through but was still tender. I thought the sauce was great, and I could hardly tell there were caramelized onions in it. This is good news for me given the gradual acceptance and entry of onions into my dining life. The fries and salad were meh. I was hoping the cheese on the fries would be melted on top, not just "shredded" there. :o\ Nit-picky? Perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment