Monday, January 2, 2012

Cafe Intermezzo


Hot Chocolate Berlin - Nutella hazelnut-chocolate and cocoa steamed with cream and milk


I haven't written a drink post in a while (ahem, Mr. Tea House), so I thought I'd throw one in as dedication to the cold weather. I love Cafe Intermezzo because it's one of the few "cool" spots that stays open late around Atlanta. IHOP and Waffle House just don't radiate that cool factor nearly as well for some reason. -___-"

If you don't know what Nutella is, then I feel so sorry for you. Your world is black and white, and mine is rich with hazelnut. Seriously, GO BUY IT. In terms of this hot chocolate drink, I was SO excited to try it out but there was a lot of hazelnut-chocolate flavor left at the bottom of the cup. When you stir the spoon, you can literally feel - and lift up the spoon to see - liquid chocolate. Much to my chagrin, I was disappointed. If you bypass the liquid chocolate at the bottom, it's okay but otherwise that liquid chocolate mess just goofs up the drink. If you can imagine it, it ends up being TOO sweet. Perhaps if there was whipped cream on top it'd be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment