Monday, December 12, 2011

Thaicoon




Spicy Crunchy Roll

I think this was the Rainbow Roll - Eel, cream cheese, cucumber, topped with tuna, salmon, white fish, shrimp, avocado, and masago

This was Chicken Curry of some kind. My friend ordered it. O.o

I've been to Thaicoon before, a long time ago. This was supposed to be a light dinner which quickly turned into a not-really-that-light dinner. :oD I went with two friends, and we shared all the dishes. The spicy crunch roll wasn't supremely crunchy due to the drizzle of sauce on top, but the sauce itself (in the separate container) did have a little kick to it. I liked it - this was one of the specials of the night. I especially enjoyed the tempura batter on the bottom of the plate, so much so that I ate all of said tempura batter. >.> I have no shame! The rainbow roll was also good. I like all the different flavors in the roll as well as the roe on top. It's really hard to mess up sushi for me. I did have some of the curry which was not spicy at all. It tasted just as curry should taste. I'm only sorry I can't remember the specific curry dish my friend ordered. The rice portion that comes with it is pretty substantial. Now that I think about it, we had a lot of rice that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment