Sunday, December 4, 2011

Nicola's Restaurant



Eggplant: Baked with beef, onions, garlic, cheese, and tomato sauce. Topped with pecans, walnuts, and almonds. Also comes with cheese [on top].


Complimentary baklava for dessert


My first time at Nicola's Restaurant! It's a small place where the owner greets you as you sit down. Very friendly guy! He's a source of entertainment as well, as I found out when he cranked up the music and started almost-belly-dancing. Hahaha... it was a sight! He also balanced wine bottles and glasses on his head. :oD

I ordered the eggplant dish, which comes with nuts and cheese. The service was so-so (they forgot to bring our hummus appetizer) but the food was delicious. I really liked the different textures of the eggplant and variety of nuts. It's hard to tell how much eggplant is actually IN the dish because it was kind of slopped on there. I was expecting it to come out more like a lasagna. The dish looks pretty small once you get it, but you'll find that it's quite filling. You get a basket full of baby pita bread, so I had two pitas in addition to the entree. I was SO full for the rest of the evening. The prices are reasonable and, per my friend, have not changed over the past few years. It's a quaint restaurant but don't expect to be able to have conversations while you're here. Once the real belly-dancer comes out, the music is blasted and that's all she wrote. The owner is great at having the patrons participate and got everyone out of their seats to dance along to the music. Quite a night. :o) 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this place! I have only been twice a long time ago, but it remains on my list!

    ReplyDelete