Monday, January 2, 2012

Iberian Pig




Chorizo Cantimpalo - Cured pork sausage with smoked paprika

Braised Veal Shank Ravioli - Handmade ravioli, stuffed with slow braised veal shank, served with Rioja-cream sauce, black truffle creme fraiche, white truffle oil, roasted shiitake mushrooms, fresh thyme



Pork Cheek Tacos - Slow roasted pork cheeks, fire roasted corn salsa, avocado, crema, arugula, fresh lime



Eggplant Fries - Crispy eggplant fries with a spicy red pepper aioli


Tocino con Mazana - Braised crispy pork belly, bourbon-cider glaze, vanilla-pork jus, apple-walnut salad, white truffle oil


This was one of the specials of the evening: base layer is French toast; middle layer is cheese - I cannot for the life of me remember what kind; and on top is foie gras. There was a raspberry-flavored sauce, too.



Iberian Pig! I've been wanting to come ever since they opened! I split tapas dishes with a friend and we ate SO MUCH!

The Chorizo was thinly sliced, and I had a hard time figuring out what those three "dollops" of sauce were: mayonnaise or butter? Neither or both? The combination of chorizo, "mystery sauce," and bread was quite tasty though.

I really loved the ravioli. I can't remember what the sauce tasted like but the filling was so flavorful! I could eat a whole bowl, seriously.

There was just enough of every ingredient in the pork cheek tacos. They literally look like baby tacos when you see them in person - so cute! The pork was super tender. I dare you to eat it in one bite. ^_^

The eggplant fries almost reminded me of fried zucchini. And the aioli sauce kind of reminds me of Takorea's aioli sauce. These were awesome.

The crispy pork belly was a strange combination of flavors. Everything on top of the pork belly was fine (and, oddly enough, sweet) but the pork itself was bland. I'd be tempted to spice up the pork belly to balance out the sweetness of the apple-walnut salad.

The foie gras in the special was quite salty. Eating the three layers together keeps the saltiness at bay but not for very long. :o\ I think the raspberry-flavored sauce is supposed to temper the saltiness but you definitely need water for this one.

Overall, Iberian Pig has more yummy dishes than not. Service was excellent, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment