Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Corner Bakery

Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder



I was shopping at Lenox Square Mall with a friend, and got hungry about midway through the search for her relatives' gifts. I wasn't hungry enough for a meal, so Corner Bakery fit the bill quite nicely. I ordered a cup of the Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder. They offer a variety of soups on different days; believe me, I was tempted to order lentil soup or chili instead but I wanted to try the chowder because I hadn't had a Southwest flavor in a while.

Aside from the film on the top of the soup (kind of oily), the contents were yummy. I like my soups to be thick and hearty, which this was. I had intended on eating it with crackers but, to my surprise, the bread came with it. Thinking back, I can't remember what kind of bread it was though. Perhaps sourdough. Anyway, it's a bit pricey for soup and I can't help but think I could make a similar version at home but it worked for me at the time. It did have that Southwest flavor but without the spicy kick. I think the soup would work both ways, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment