Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cheesecake Factory



Crispy Fried Cheese - Mozzarella and Fontina cheese with marinara sauce

Fire-Roasted Fresh Artichoke - Fresh artichoke fire-roasted and served with a spicy vinaigrette and garlic dip (Seasonal)

Factory Chopped Salad - A delicious blend of chopped romaine, grilled chicken, tomato, avocado, corn, bacon, blue cheese, and apple with our SkinnyLicious vinaigrette


I went to The Cheesecake Factory for a friend's graduation dinner. I've been to the Perimeter Mall location before, but not the North Point Mall one. In case your GPS device tells you otherwise, this restaurant is located near the Dillard's parking deck at North Point. I don't know how long the SkinnyLicious menu has been out but it's certainly appropriate given the holidays. I'm sure this menu will become super popular come January 1st. It's much easier to look for healthy options in this menu than to search for them in the regular menu. In hopes of keeping at bay an expanding waistline (ever-present around the holidays), I opted to get the Factory Chopped Salad. I always order dressing on the side because typically restaurants are heavy-handed with the dressing when they put it on salads; I find that whenever I get the dressing on the side I never use all of it anyway. But I digress!

The group I ate with ordered several appetizers and small plates including the Fire-Roasted Artichoke and Fried Cheese. We also ate Stuffed Mushrooms; Fried Zucchini; and Warm Crab & Artichoke Dip; and Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Flatbread - all off of the small plates menu. Oh my goodness, I got full off of the appetizers and small plates! I liked all of the small plates but I enjoyed the dip the most. I would never order fried cheese or fried zucchini for myself but it was nice to try - I hadn't had those items in the longest time. Each small plate was "bad" in its own way, and I'm sorry to say there were complimentary bread baskets as well. O.o Suffice it to say, I had enough salad left over to make a second meal the next day. There was definitely no room for dessert, though I did get a spoon or two of whatever desserts other people ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment