Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Fudge




I was in the mood to make something seasonal, and pumpkin fit the bill perfectly. I found a pumpkin fudge recipe online and decided to give it a whirl. Only when I was combining the ingredients at the stove did I realize exactly how much sugar was going into this concoction. O___O A one-inch square is enough sugar; thanks for the 9-inch pan quantity! Best to eat this with coffee to cut the sweetness. 

Also, when the directions say to  cook for 18 minutes, you really need to cook for 18 minutes. I made two batches, assuming that I would somehow mess up the first batch, which I did. First, I didn't cook for the whole 18 minutes. Second, I forgot to add the marshmallow creme until the very end, and I didn't let it cook very long. Result? Slushy-like fudge that didn't harden when refrigerated. It tasted roughly the same as the second batch (which came out better, of course, and which is pictured above) but the texture was all wrong, especially for being a fudge recipe. 

You live, you learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment